FUE Hair Transplantation is carried out by transferring hair follicles from the nape area, which is sensitive to hair loss, to the area where hair loss occurs. The hair taken from the nape area should be correctly separated according to their length and direction, and the precautions must be taken not to damage the hair follicles.
How is Hair Transplantation Performed with the FUE Method?
There are three stages of FUE hair transplantation, and in this method, hair follicles taken from the nape area for hair transplantation are placed one by one after the channels are operated in the area where the hair transplantation will be performed. In addition, with this method, the operation is performed without the need for stitches. As the Istanbul Hair Lab expert team, we perform hair transplantation operations with the FUE hair transplantation method, in accordance with the length and direction of the hair follicles, in a way that is not obvious.
The most important advantage of Hair Transplantation with the FUE method is that the hair follicles in the nape area are preferred because they are resistant to shedding. Since the hair in the nape area has low Androgen Receptor levels, hair loss based on Testosterone is less common in the nape area.
Post-Hair Transplant Process
One of the most curious subjects of those who want to have hair transplant is the post-hair transplant process. A few weeks after the FUE hair transplant operation, the transplanted hair will fall out, but this is not a bad situation, but there is no need to be nervous. After this falling process, new hair will grow from the transplanted hair follicles in an average of 4-5 months.
FUE Method, which is among the methods applied by hair transplantation centers, ensures hair growth from the transplanted hair follicles with an efficiency of 90% – 95%. After the hair transplant operation, the first wash will be performed at the hair transplant center. Then, we give detailed information to our patients who have had hair transplantation on how to wash their hair every day.
Advantages of FUE Hair Transplantation
The FUE method, which will be applied for our patients who want to have hair transplantation, has many advantages for before and after hair transplantation. We can list the advantages of the FUE method, which has positive effects on the results of hair transplantation, as follows;
- It is the last method used in hair transplantation.
- It is the most comfortable method to be preferred for both the patient and the doctor.
- It is a method that can easily adapt to new technologies.
- Operation time is much shorter than the old methods.
- No additional time is needed for roots to separate.
- Since it is a method applied without using stitches, the dressing times are reduced from 15 days to 3 days compared to the old methods.
- An average of 5,000 grafts can be transplanted without the need for additional sessions.
- Unlike the old techniques, it is an operation that does not leave any traces.
- With the FUE method, the operation of the majority of patients is completed in a single session, and a very small patient group such as 10% may need a second session.
- After the first wash, the patient can return to work in a short time (average 36 hours).